Welcome to our site, providing links, resources, news and listings for Eliot scholars and enthusiasts.
The T S Eliot Society (UK) was founded in 2006.
The Society exists to:
• Promote the study and appreciation of Eliot’s work.
• Promote events celebrating Eliot’s work.
• Produce a regular newsletter, Exchanges
• Help to arrange the annual TS Eliot Festival at Little Gidding.
• Sustain at Ferrar House, Little Gidding, a facility in which ordinary Eliot enthusiasts can immerse themselves, study, or research and write on Eliot-inspired matters, using the Society’s archive held there.
• Facilitate local meetings of Society members and their friends in other centres of population across the UK.
• Collaborate with Eliot appreciation societies in other countries.
The Society promotes the Annual TS Eliot Cambridge Lecture, and produces an annual Journal.
This site is intended as a resource hub, for those wishing to find out more about Eliot’s work and life, as well as providing news about events, performances and publications of interest to Eliot enthusiasts.
The Society is young and growing, and needs students and lovers of Eliot to join the Society and assist it in its aims.
The primary focus of the Society is in the United Kingdom, although members from around the world are welcome (there are separate societies in the USA, Korea and Japan). In particular we hope to encourage local branches and local meetings to enable as many members as possible to meet, to celebrate and to promote T S Eliot and his works.
For joining details, please visit our Membership page.